Chocolate Avocado Cookies (Diary and Gluten Free)

Wednesday 3 February 2016




So here is my first Wisdom in the Kitchen recipe, I've been asked a lot for this one. I love that they taste so indulgent so you feel like you're getting a treat, they have a great soft chewy quality to them but you know that you're getting all the goodness of avocado, even my girls love them which is a massive bonus and makes for a happy mama!


You will need:

1 x Ripe Avocado
1 x Large Egg
50g x Gluten Free Flour
Half a tsp of Xanthan Gum
1 x tsp Baking Powder
40g x Cacao Powder
100g x Soft Brown Sugar
1x tsp Vanilla Extract
A bar of Diary Free Chocolate/Buttons
A splash of Almond Milk

I mixed the avocado, egg, and vanilla extract together in a bowl, then added the flour, xanthan gum, sugar and cacao powder, at this point the mixture can be a bit dry so I added a splash of almond milk, it shouldn't be too runny though. Next I spooned the mixture on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and flatten each cookie with a spoon to make the right shape, then turned the oven on to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, at this point I quickly bashed up my bar of chocolate and added the chunks by pushing them into the cookies before I popped them in the oven, bake for 15 minutes and then they're done! Leave them to cool a little and then enjoy with a cuppa!

(This recipe has been adapted from here

3 comments:

  1. These really sound wonderful! I love using avocado in EVERYTHING, but haven't tried it in cookies yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yum. Is there anything nicer than chocolate treat with a cuppa? I think not! Lizzie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy recipe- i'm a dairy and gluten free blogger- your website looks fab (and see your local too- i'm from birmingham) always love to read more wellness blogs!
    jen from www.abalancedbelly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete